I'm sorry for this mess!!! This will (HOPEFULLY) be up and running by the middle of April

JANUARY RECAP!

JAN TITLE.jpg


Hello my little book beauties! Can you believe that we are already one month into 2016?!? I swear it really does go by faster the older I get. I know that makes me sounds old, but whatever. It's true and your parents were right all along. Here is our January 2016 in BOOKS!



January 2016 BOOKS.png







This month I actually read more than I was expecting to-given my slow start (and dragging out Six Of Crows which was AHH-MAZING BTW!.)
JAN Covers 2.png

  • Perfect Pitch by Mindy Klasky- This was a BookBub buy for me...which means FREE for those of you who don’t know. It was a quick lighthearted read about a beauty queen and a ball player. Very cute, very sweet, and was really kind of just a stepping stone read to snap me out of my “reading funk”. It worked.
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo- Absolutely amazing read that will leave you gutted, needing hair of the dog and greasy food to nurse your massive book hangover. Full review can be found here.
  • Reaper’s Property, Reapers Legacy, Devil’s Game (Reapers MC #1-3) by Joanna Wylde….Hmmnn….disclaimer first this series is totally 100% 18 years and up type reads due to total MC life steamy (explicit) content.



I am only 3 books in but so far this series went= GOOD-REALLY GOOD-BEST! Uggh. It’s one of those really fun series where each book is a new couple with new problems, but everyone is connected? I REALLY liked them. There is drama and suspense and MOTORCYCLE CLUBS. I mean they are all kind living an unhinged lifestyle but...IT'S GOOD. My personal favorite was Hunter from Devil’s Game. He was just so... well I dunno but I liked him! Anyways they were good and I can’t wait to keep going with the series next month.
  • After We Fell by Anna Todd-
I meannnnn. This book. This series=GUILTY PLEASURE. It will give you whiplash. This was the third installment of the #HESSA roller coaster and it IS a doozy. And it is wayyy to long I say! For a full review you can check out my GoodReads but to briefly summarize. We deal with both of them being either ridiculously stubborn and or controlling idiots who have serious insecure co-dependency issues. I am deeply involved, I love this series, but I cannot in good faith tell you that it's a “great read”. I just can’t...however I will say once again that YES, YES I do LOVE this series and I plan on finishing it with GUSTO and enthusiasm (I am reading the last book After Ever Happy right now) and I have no shame about any of the above. Because also...HarryHardin is gorgeous.



Man, January was a pretty good reading month for me! Normally I would read like 3 at most, which is horrible! This year, I set some pretty hard reading goals for me. Last year, I read only like 35 books. I REPEAT, ONLY 35!!! This year, my goal is to read a total of 75. I just had to outdo myself a bit :) 

  • BUILT by Jay Crownover - This was a really cute, quick, and easy read! The characters were really relatable, and the storyline was refreshing. I love Jay's books, and her books get SUPER hot. So while you read this, make sure you have a fan next to you! (Read Review Here!)
  • SWEET EVIL and SWEET PERIL by Wendy Higgins - Love this series!! I was hooked pretty quick when I first started. I loved how it wasn't just like the other "fallen angel" stories. This had a pretty awesome twist to it, and I loved how everything connected! I definitely prefer the second book to the first, and have yet to read the third, but I'm excited to get to it! (Click to read: Sweet Evil Review - Sweet Peril Review)
  • NEVER NEVER PT 1 & NEVER NEVER PART 2 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher -  These two were super quick and easy to read! Being a sort of "novella" style, these books are a little over 100 pages each. Though they were short, these babies were a bit confusing! There's this kind of mysterious paranormal-ish feel to them, and I was so interested in seeing what was causing everything to happen! I loved getting to watch the story unravel as the protagonists figure it out as well. Can't wait to read the third and final part! (Read Never Never Pt 1 here!)
  • HE WILL BE MY RUIN by K.A. Tucker - What a FABULOUS read!! This was my first murder mystery-esque type of book, and I absolutely LOVED it. K.A. Tucker reallllly knows how to write! The story captivated me right from the prologue. I can't wait to read more from this author! (Read Review Here!)







Surprisingly, January was a VERY good reading month for me.  I don't even know why, really, since it was such a hectic month.  Yet, I managed to read six- I repeat- SIX books! Honestly, that is a lot for me.  I'm not even sure how the hell I managed that this month, but nevertheless, here's what I read: 

  • INKED by Eric Smith - I love love loooovvvvved this book! It was so amazing, and so unique from anything I had ever read before.  Full review here
  • THE LOVE THAT SPLIT THE WORLD by Emily Henry - Again, another book that I absolutely adored. This has hands-down become one of my favorite contemporaries.  Full review can be found here

  • ELEMENTALS: THE PROPHECY OF SHADOWS by Michelle Madow Definitely not the best book I read this month...(Review coming soon)

  • THE YOUNG ELITES by Marie Lu I didn't love this book, but I didn't hate it, either.  This was somewhere in the middle for me, and was a solid 4 star book.  

  • TRUTHWITCH by Susan Dennard I.  LOVED.  THIS.  BOOK.  SO.  MUCH!! Definitely a favorite fantasy of mine! (Review coming soon)
  • CROWN OF MIDNIGHT by Sarah J. Maas Again, looooooved!!! Another favorite of mine!  (review coming soon)

SO NEXT MONTH.png





  • Wicked Sexy Liar by Christina Lauren- released February 2nd….I finsihed it already and LOVED IT! This is the 4th installment in the Wild Seasons series, showing us Luke (Mia’s ex) and London (Lola’s roommate) and it's fabulous and totally light hearted! I had to tackle 4 Targets to find the special edition, but I am nothing if not a dedicated devoted reader and CLo cheerleader and it was soooo worth it for the Not-Joe-Not-So-Short at the end. Full Review will be up soon!
  • Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard- Will be released February 9th! I mean….Obviously I am super excited about this one! I pre-ordered a personalized signed copy from GoodChoiceReading so I doubt my copy will arrive on release day. Don’t worry I have a zen like calm about the whole thing. Pfft. No...no I don’t. I want it NOW, and I am struggling with book anxiety because I will have to waiiitttttt. Oi!
  • I just picked up a huge book haul from the library, and I have no idea if I shall conquer them all, but I am soooo gonna try. I’d like to read at least 6 books again next month. Which seems like a lot to me. YA are seriously LONG books. Okay so up on my list are...
    • Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman- Because the cover. It’s stunning and reminds me of home. Yes. I judge on covers.
    • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater- Because it comes highly recommended and sounds awesome!
    • Shadow & Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo- Because GRISHA. Because Leigh Bardguo has left a lasting impression and I must devour everything like a hungry book dragon.
    • Reaper’s Stand & Reaper’s Fall (Reaper’s MC #4 & #5) by Joanna Wylde-Because I am addicted and I realllly want to get to book four because of reasons. Yes. That is all I’m going to say about that.


I think that's all I want to commit to at this point. February is a busy month for me, full of birthdays and lovey-doviness....oh and my first root canal! YAY! With any down time, I shall be curled up with books! Because the feels!!







This month is going to be a bit ambitious, if I do say so myself! With one of the books being about 700 pages, that might take me at least a couple weeks to finish (damn you, full time job)! But I'm just going to try my best to make it to 4 books this month!


  • LADY  MIDNIGHT by Cassandra Clare- I recently received this, and let me tell you that it is ONE HUUUUGE book! Almost 700 pages of glorified Shadowhunter greatness and I can NOT wait to dive right in (not sure if you can tell I'm excited by the use of all my caps!). I can't wait to have my review up for you guys! This book comes out March 8th! 
  • NEVER STOP FALLING by Ashley Drew - I can't wait to read this book! The synopsis sounds great, and I'm a sucker for a great love story! This book comes out March 1st!
  • JANE STEELE by Lyndsay Faye - I have heard so many great things about this book! This story is a twist on the classic book, JANE EYRE, and I'm so excited to read this! I love when an author is brave enough to recreate or retell a classic story differently! This book comes out March 22!
  • CINDER by Marissa Meyer- I've been wanting to read this book for a few years now! I'm not sure why I've been keeping it on the back burner, but I've decided to move it to the top of my TBR pile! It has a twist of the classic fairytales and as a huge lover of Disney, you have no idea how stoked I am to read this!







This month, I am REALLY trying to crank out major edits on my novel, as well as dealing with moving.  So as ambitious as I would like to be with my TBR Pile, I'm just not sure how much I will actually get done! But my goal is to tackle the small amount of three books.  Let's hope I can see this through...

  • A STUDY IN CHARLOTTE by Brittany Cavallaro - I was lucky enough to be sent this book for review, and I cannot wait to get into it! While I can't say that I've ever been a Sherlock fan, I have heard amazing things about this book and MY.  GOODNESS.  THAT COVER IS BEAUTIFUL! I am so obsessed with it!  I have yet to hear a single bad thing about this book, so I am super stoked to get into it! 
  • ANYTHING YOU WANT by Geoff Herbach- As this post is going up, I've actually started reading this.  I received an ARC off of NetGalley and...well...it's very interesting, so far.  It's the first book I've read about teenage pregnancy, and it's basically a book version of the T.V. show TEEN MOM. I'll refrain from posting my thoughts until the actual review (which will go live in May) but it's definitely...uh...interesting, to say the least.

  • THE ASSASSIN'S BLADE by Sarah J. Maas - This is definitely the book that I am most excited to read this month.  I've been reading the THRONE OF GLASS series for the first time(finally!) and it has quickly moved into my top five favorite series of all time.  I am completely and utterly obsessed with it, and I cannot believe it took me so long to get to it! I've already read THRONE OF GLASS and CROWN OF MIDNIGHT, but this month I hope to backtrack and catch up on the novellas before I dive into HEIR OF FIRE.


IN OTHER JAN NEWS.png


  • So In January we got the premiere of the SHADOWHUNTERS series on Freeform (previously ABC Family).....


I had to keep my mouth shut and digest a few episodes before I made any kind of outward comments about this show. I was literally CRINGING during the first episode. The script was...BAD….the action/fighting was borderline embarrassing and I just DID NOT buy Clary which was SUCH A BUMMER! Ugggh.
HOWEVER….I feel a little better and a lot more optimistic after seeing two more episodes. The changes are subtle but necessary I think to make the transition into a TV series...Now that we are past the onslaught of “Shadowhunter information” the progression of things seems a lot smoother, especially in the dialogue department. AND YES! I have even started to warm up to the actors. I just kept trying to tell myself, remember how cheesy episode one of The Vampire Diaries was...this WILL GET BETTER. I think I may have been right. We shall see how the season progresses


JAN CLOSING QUESTION.png

2 comments

  1. OH YAY FOR SIX OF CROWS. I mean, seriously that book is so adorably and suffocatingly perfect. <33 And so dark. I LOVE DARK. Ahem.
    And omg you three have some spectacular books coming up for your February reads. XD Cinder is AMAZING and I have infinite love for The Raven Boys.. I mean, omg, I loooove it. I'm actually rereading The Dream Thieves right now because I love them all so much. *happy sigh* I hope you enjoy it, Risa!!

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAS! LOVED Six of Crown and all its dark heist-y goodness! I want to read Raven Boys SOOO BAD! I checked out an eCopy from the Library and went to start it...it's in ITALIAN! AND the only eCopy available, while the hard copy has a loooonnngggg wait. GRRR! #booknerdproblems! Italian...REALLY!?!

      Thanks so much for checking us out! I'm gonna send you lemon cakes!

      Delete