I'm sorry for this mess!!! This will (HOPEFULLY) be up and running by the middle of April

Great reads for the cold months!



I can't believe it's December already! Boy has this year flown by. 

The weather is getting chillier (for mostly everyone), and what better way to cozy up in a blanket and have some great winter reads to get you in the mood for this holiday season! 

Today, we're going to share with you some books we think would be perfect for December! 


CARMEN'S PICKS
LET IT SNOW by John Green, Maureen Johnson, & Lauren Myracle

This book was really cute! It has 3 different short stories written by 3 different authors that all come together perfectly at the end. My favorite short story in this book is the first one. I'm a sucker for a great love story :)
 If this book doesn't get you in the holiday spirit, I don't know what will! 




WHITE HOT KISS by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Though this book isn't a holiday read, the book lives up to the title leaving you warm and fuzzy inside with the characters! It's definitely a HOT read for a YA book, and its and ending that will make you want to go straight into the next book: STONE COLD TOUCH!





A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas
I just had to add this book to the list. This book might possibly be my favorite read of 2015. It's hot and steamy, angsty, and full of adventure. If you're cooped up in the house because of the weather, this book will take you on a wild ride full of fantasy!




AMBER'S PICKS
LET IT SNOW by John Green, Maureen Johnson, & Lauren Myracle

I know Carmen picked this one as well, but I second it. It was actually my pick for our Holiday Read day on our A Bookish Holiday photo challenge! I read it every year, and it's cute every time I read it! I absolutely adore how all of the stories tie together and like Carmen said, if this doesn't get you in a holiday spirit, Nothing will!



FRIGID by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This one is super cute and takes place where a couple gets snowed in at a ski resort. It's a super cute romance and it'll definitely warm your heart! It's another one of my holiday favorites. JLA writes the BEST book boyfriends!



THE ONLY SERIES by Cristin Harber
These books originally released separately as a novella series but they're all out now so you can read them back to back and not have to wait for any of the story like I had to. This story will you make you gasp, then cry, then be pretty irritated, then cry happy tears, and love happy ever afters. It's freakin great. One of the best set of books I read this year. It makes me sigh a happy sigh just thinking of it. <3


HANNAH'S PICKS

Ah, the holidays, my favorite time of year! There's nothing better than cozying up in front of the fireplace with a mug of tea and a great book. Here are a few books that, for me, help keep the holiday spirit alive!

MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME
This is arguably the most perfect winter novel! It's has twelve adorable short stories, all focusing on different couples as they navigate through the holidays. It is absolutely adorable, will completely warm your heart, and, not to mention, it's very easy to read in one sitting! I'll be writng a full review for this anthology very soon, but in the mean time, you should definitely pick it up!

ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins 
I don't know about you (no, I'm not feeling 22 lol) but the holidays is my go-to time for reading contemporary romances. I have no idea why, but I just can't help but feel extra lovey-dovey during this time of year! ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS is by far my favorite romance novel. It's cute, quirky, sweet, and will just leave you SO happy by the end of it. Not to mention, it's a novel that you'll want to pick up again and again and again. It is so beautiful, and such a heartwarming novel- perfect for those cold, winter nights!

HARRY POTTER by J.K. Rowling  
How could I not list Harry Potter?! The magic of Christmas at Hogwarts totally helps the holiday spirit come to life. These are the perfect books to cozy up with during the winter, and, like ANNA, are books that can be enjoyed over and over. These are also great reads to enjoy with family! Read them aloud to your family members, or just enjoy them by yourself. For me, they are such nostalgic reads, and are ones that I gravitate towards throughout the holidays.


RISA'S PICKS
Under the Mistletoe With Me (Book 1.5 in the With Me In Seattle Series) by Kristen Proby
This is a really cute short in the With Me in Seattle series- which if you haven’t read I would HIGHLY suggest starting. This short is about the older Montgomery brother Issac and his wife of ten years Stacy. It's about rekindling a long time love after the birth of their new daughter and many years together. I love light-hearted and real stories like this.....it’s a quick and perfect read for your time off during the holiday.



Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick
A deep complex mysterious story of fallen angels, demons and of course LOVE! It’s one of those stories that you want to devour all in one sitting, due the cliff hangers and mystery and...Patch of it all! Who doesn’t love a love story this epic? It’s a great one to curl up with during your downtime...it’s what I read last year so it makes me think of Christmas trees and hot tea.




The Precious Stone Trilogy by Keirstin Gier
*Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green*
This trilogy is AMAZING! It has some of the most beautiful covers I have ever seen, and it was so fun to read! It’s one of those stories you just devour and can’t put down, because you’re dying to know what’s gonna happen next! I love the characters and the insta-love and the BEST part-the *wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey- TIME TRAVEL! It’s complex and intricate and makes this story a page turner you can’t put down. It’s the perfect size to devour over the holiday, and you won’t be disappointed!




What are some of your favorite holiday reads? 
Maybe even your favorite book to read anytime of the year?

1 comment

  1. Great post! Since the winter months are dark and chilly, I like to read fantasy that's a little eerie and mysterious. The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs and the Mara Dyer trilogy by Leigh Bardugo are awesome winter reads!

    Annie @ Indoor Sojourner

    ReplyDelete