I'm sorry for this mess!!! This will (HOPEFULLY) be up and running by the middle of April

2015 BOOK RECAP!

Can you believe its already New Years Eve?? This year has flown by!! Check our recap of this years reads from our favorites to some duds! 

Hope you all have a fantastic NYE night and have a safe and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!









2015 BOOK RECAP….was it really only 64 books?
Hey all it’s Risa! WOW...another year gone right? I for one could not be more ready to say goodbye to 2015 and look forward to brighter things in the new year to come!! But book wise….? I did alright this year...not bad at all actually...AND I read 20 more books than I did in 2014! YAY ME! I shall eat pie!

Looking back I see that I stumbled upon some amazing gems this year that I must share with you! While my entire read list wasn’t all 5 star wonders, I did crack the spine of a few that have made their way onto my favorites list and I am SO HAPPY to have had the privilege of reading them! So here we go!


  1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard….again!

Enough about this book already right? I KNOW! I talk about it all the time, but seriously man….what else can I say aside from it is wonderful and amazing and any other shining adjective you want to add in there. This book really surprised me with it’s awesomeness so again I just HAVE to include it. You understand right??




2. The Marked Men Series by Jay Crownover
So 2015 was a year of “series” for me. I would start them, then devour them in their entirety. I picked up the first book from the Marked Men series titled Rule because of a friend’s recommendation and the frenzy just spiraled after that. I had my favorites, I had my disappointments, but over all this series was a reigning champ for my 2015 reads and if you like NA with gorgeous tattooed men I would recommend checking it out!!


3. The Dark Elements Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Gargoyles and Demons and some of the STEAMIEST  YA I have ever read?!? Ummnnn. YES. Yes please. This was new territory for me as far as supernatural or fantasy fictions. I couldn’t help but think of those boxy cartoons from when I was a kid, but a few chapters in that images was replaced with REALLY GREAT new ones, and I couldn’t shake the series. Lucky for me I started this relatively soon to the release of Every Last Breath  the third and final book in the trilogy, so my wait was short and my reading was ohh so sweet!



4. UGLY LOVE by Colleen Hoover
I have only read a couple of CoHo books so far, this being the second and you know what? I GET THE HYPE! Colleen knows how to write and she is not afraid to touch on dark subject matter or pain. I LOVED Ugly Love. It was not really what I was expecting going into it, but it was 24 hour read for me. AND I LOVE THAT! Getting SO INTO a book you just read the whole darn thing in one sitting!



5. Dark Wild Night by Christina Lauren
So for those who don't know, Christina Lauren are my Holy Grail. My G.O.A.T.s. My number ones! I love everything they put out...honestly. I has sooooo eager to get my greedy hands on Oliver’s story. He’s an Australian comic book nerd. Are you KIDDING ME?! So naturally I wanted to SQUEE with joy when I discovered that this book was to release on my birthday!! It was like a present from the girls JUST FOR MEEE! I mean...I know it wasn’t but, it was nice okay! I even took the day off work to stay home and read this. Though it wasn’t a fan favorite, it satisfied me just fine!




DUDs OF THE YEAR??? Oh I have a few….
  • I read a Biker NA “novella serial” called The Gypsy Brothers by Lili St. Germain, that was a little too dark for my taste...and after a few books just got way too far out for me, but being the devoted reader that I am, I just had to push through to the bitter end!
  • I hate to say this, I'M SORRY but Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I KNOWW! I didn’t DISLIKE this book at all guys I really did like it, I swear. I think my mood was just off because it took me FORVERRR to finish, and I just didn’t have it in me to pick it back up. I will one day though I swear! Maybe 2016 will be the year, so have faith cause I really DO want to finish this series!

  • The Archer Brothers Series by Heidi McLaughlin. Bahhh! This book was good in theory and characters but lousy with love triangles, and I should have known better before I even started. This dud lands on my shoulders, but UUGGHH! I hate when the one I want isn’t picked. Even if everything is wrapped up all nice and neat...I don’t care. And that's all I have to say
For a full breakdown of my 2015 in books visit my Goodreads break down page here!

Hey lovelies! Man, has 2015 been an INSANE year for me! I can't believe that the year is already over.  It has absolutely flown by right before my eyes! 
There has definitely been a slew of amazing books I read this year, and SO MANY good ones that I could talk about.  However, since I'm currently editing a YouTube video where I discuss my top 15 books of this year, I decided to only pick my top three to share with you all. 

1. SIMON VS. THE HOMOSAPIEN'S AGENDA by Becky Albertalli: This book takes the cake for the best book I read in 2015.  After hearing so much hype about it, I picked it up the week it was released (back in April) and devoured it within an hour.  This book is SO absolutely beautiful.  It is raw, real, and just fills you with so much emotion.  It made me laugh, made me cry, made me smile; Simon walked into my heart and never left.  Since reading it, I've only grown to love the story more and more.  It is such an important story, such a relevant story, and one that I will always remember for years to come.  


2. SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi: Lovelies, I cannot believe it took me as long as it did to pick up this series.  Technically I read the first book at the end of last year buuuuuutt.... I'm just counting it as this year.  This series has quickly worked its way into my top 5 favorites of all time, and I cannot get enough of it!  I did a full series review earlier this year, which was actually my first blog post EVER on this site, and it can be found here . 


3. A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas: Gah, this sexy book! I want to read it again and again and again.  This was my first Sarah J. Maas book, and I LOVED every inch of it.  I NEED book two right now!! This was another book that I picked up the week it was released, not knowing anything about the book or the series. Like SHATTER ME, I did a full review of this book, which can be found here .  


If you want to see my top 15 picks, stay tuned for the video that will go live on my YouTube channel later today: 


youtube.com/the
roadtohannah 




Hello my lovelies! 
What a crazy year it has been! I can’t believe we are saying goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016! While I didn’t make my reading goal this year (because lets face it, life gets in the way sometimes), I want to share some of my favorite reads from this year!

Let’s start off with some YA! 

Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas
I consider this to be one of my favorite series right now!! I never read a lot of fantasy books before I started THRONE OF GLASS, and honestly I didn’t know what to expect. But Sarah J Maas opened up a whole new world for me. Once you get started with this series, it’s SO hard to stop. They are all pretty lengthy books, so make a lot of time for these books! You’ll want to read one right after the other! 
To read my full series review, click here!



A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
After reading Sarah J Maas’ Throne of Glass series, I just HAD to pick this book up. It’s such a hard decision choosing what books were my favorite read of the year, but this book may top all of the others that I have read. The adventure, strong female lead, hot male characters… gah! So may positive things to say about this book! The only negative thing that I have to say is that I’m sad I have to wait so long to read the next book in the series since this is the first! 
Read my full review here!


City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Ahhhhhhh. SO bitter sweet!! THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS series will ALWAYS AND FOREVER have a special place in my heart! Even though this book came out March of LAST YEAR, I couldn’t allow myself to finish it until March of THIS YEAR. While some people didn’t like the end of the book and they thought it was cheesy as hell, I loved it. Yes it lacked a LITTLE bit of all the action we wanted to see, there was still enough to satisfy me. Plus, we get to read a bit more about JEM AND TESSA, which yes, those parts I definitely got a bit teary eyed with and may be a lot of the reason why I loved this book so much!!! 
I can’t believe I don’t have a review of the series on here yet, but I will do that ASAP! 

Here’s some of my favorite New Adult books from this year! 

All Played Out by Cora Carmack
I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Rusk University Novels!!!!! Cora Carmack is a genius. ALL of her books in this series are a fun and quick read! I particularly loved ALL PLAYED OUT! I found myself giggling at parts in the book, and loved seeing how two completely different characters come together and fall for each other in the end! 
Read the full reviews here: 

November 9 by Colleen Hoover

Man oh man. This book was amazing! And of course, it’s a Colleen Hoover book, so you need your box of tissues sitting right next to you! This THE most heart felt book I read this year. This book had such a great twist on a love story, and I fell hard for the characters from the first chapter. Not only will you cry while reading this book, but you'll laugh too! 
You can read my full review here!

I'm not sure about you, but when I read, I put my whole self into the book. It's not very often where I don't enjoy a book I read... but it does happen.

Here's a few that I wouldn't really add to my list of favorites:


Oh the very popular book, Looking For Alaska by John Green
I wouldn't necessarily say I didn't "enjoy" the book, because I did. It just wasn't too interesting for my taste. I found this book to be more depressing than entertaining for me and I also couldn't exactly relate to it. It did have its funny moments, and I loved how the characters worked well with one another. I guess it was just hyped up a little bit too much and I expected more than what I read. 

Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Buh. I had a really hard time with 3/4 of this book. It had A LOT of unbelievable sex in it. Which can be great, yeah... but the way that the scenes were written, and over done, I just found myself rolling my eyes every and skipping through every single time. Plus, who lets another guy rip your $200-$300 pair of panties everytime you have sex? I'm not going to completely hate on this book, because the ending was 10000x better than the beginning. I may go back and read the second... maybe. 
You can read my full review here


I wish I could list off every single book I loved this year, but that would take a whole month to do lol! 

But please feel free to go and read the reviews we have up so far, here!


So guys what were your favorite and least favorite reads of 2015? 

2 comments

  1. My favorite reads this year: Marie Lu's Legend Trilogy. The least: The Retribution of Mara Dyer. The last book totally killed everything. Ugh.

    #Commenting365
    Shealea @ that bookshelf bitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have BOTH of those series on my TBR pile! Maybe I'll move Mara Dyer a little lower down, HA! THANKS FOR SHARING!

      Delete