I'm sorry for this mess!!! This will (HOPEFULLY) be up and running by the middle of April

Review: NOVEMBER 9 by Colleen Hoover



Rating:
5/5 stars!!!

Genre:
New Adult


Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist. 


I cannot put into words how much I fell in love with this book. 
November 9 was so beautiful and uniquely written, you are instantly hooked from the very first chapter- thus the reason I finished this book in less than two days. I think the reason why I was so hooked from the beginning wasn't just because I loved the characters so much (I really, really did), but because of HOW it was written. 

The story takes place on the same day (*drum roll*... November 9th) each year, and you're left with nothing in between. I don't know about you, but I'm not one to stop in the middle of a chapter. I felt that since 6 Novembers go by in this book, I considered it to be 6 chapters total.  Ever heard of the quote "Just one more chapter."? Well, I went through 3 of those in one sitting (that's equivalent to 16 real chapters)!!! 

The book is about two characters who meet in a very unconventional way. Not ignoring their instant connection after finding out their paths are going in a complete opposite direction, they both plan to meet again on the same day for the next 5 years to come  - letting no obstacles get in their way. 

“She’s not the kind of girl you choose your battles for. She’s the kind of girl you fight to the death for.”

Like a lot of Colleen's other book characters, Fallon has gone through some traumatic events in her life. At the age of 16, her life has done a complete 180 turn around - not just emotionally, but physically too. She's more focused on hiding herself form the world than really living it. Once she turned 18, she decides to create her own destiny, and move from California to New York. But not before she meets Ben. 


Ben is a writer. Or at least he's just starting to be. He really has so much going for him. Ben is charming, hilarious, smart, thoughtful, dedicated, and really any good traits you can name... It'd be written under Ben's name in the dictionary. Though he'a an amazing guy, he has some pretty dark secrets he's hiding. 

“If we’re going to kiss, it has to be book-worthy.” 

If you've read a book by miss Colleen Hoover, you'd know just what your in for. Plot twists on plot twists on plot twists. Seriously. She's a plot twist magician (can I say PLOT TWIST again?)! It's like the whole book unraveled before my eyes in just a few short chapters three-fourths of the way through, and kept me on the edge of my seat while clutching my heart and a box of tissues all at the same time. I had to stop reading at one point because my eyes were so full of tears, I couldn't read a single word! 



Just reading about these two characters over the span of six Novembers did a number on my heart. I was happy, angry, sad, really really sad, and at one point, I was contemplating on getting a heart monitor since it was completely erratic at a certain part in the book. 

Needless to say, I freaking LOVED this book. Honestly, it's probably my favorite that Colleen has written this far. Please go grab a copy of this book ASAP. You don't regret it. 

If you plan on reading this book, here's a checklist of things you'll need in order to continue on:

Box of tissues 
Heart Monitor 
Carton of your favorite ice cream 
Another box of tissue
Comfort food 
A few days off to cope with your feelings 
Listen to the song specifically written for November 9 by Griffin Peterson  (you can download it here on itunes: https://itun.es/us/QZFb_
Grab more tissues

No comments

Post a Comment