I'm sorry for this mess!!! This will (HOPEFULLY) be up and running by the middle of April

BOOK BLOGGER CONFESSIONS!


Hello you wonderful little book blossoms! Risa here!  Can you guys believe it?!?! I’ve been blogging for six months now!! A very Merry Un-Birthday to ME! Blackberry pie and lemon cakes for EVERYONE!


It has gone by soooo fast! Seriously. Here is a few bullet points about my experience thus far and what I have learned in my blogging journeyyyyyyy


  • First...I feel kind of like a poomp because in that time I think I’ve only done or contributed on 25 posts! That is NOTHING really….at least I feels like a tiny tiny puny amount to me…
  • Blogging is A LOT OF WORK! So much more time is involved than what I had originally thought….even with my puny 25 posts!
  • A personal kind of pressure to achieve that I haven’t felt since high school...yes kids I'M A GROWN UP and High School was kind of awhile ago…..
  • THIS COMMUNITY IS HUGE! Way bigger than I realized.
  • It’s possible I am my own worst critic and ALWAYS think I can do better….annoying.
  • I am a HUGE fan of praise. Didn’t know that going in, but please feel free to shower me with words of compliment.
  • I LOVE that I blog with OTHERS and not solo. Carmen is AWESOME! Seriously guys. She’s been so positive and sooooo helpful while I learn and navigate this new world and pfft...duh she lets me blog on here with pretty much free abandon….Cause she’s awesome. Also....Hannah? I mean have you SEEN her Instagram? She’s like the most adorable little book dragon I’ve ever seen. So basically getting to blog WITH them…...it’s pretty sweeeeet!


  • I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN.
  • I think I need to read MORE…...
  • Submitting my first ARC request was kind of nerve wracking…
  • Receiving my first pre-release galley was nerve wracking...BECAUSE NOW I HAVE TO READ IT! AND FAST!!
  • Sometimes formatting will just not cooperate and you need to scrap your original layout...WITHOUT yelling at your computer.
  • I need to remember to set realistic goals, especially when it come to page views...if it hit 50 I’m ecstatic!!!
  • As much as I want to be the very best and have alllllll the Instagram followers….I am still going to post pictures of my dogs and other random non-book things....because I can be passionate about so many THINGS! And having TWO accounts is just not for me....
  • I don't have to OWN all the books to READ all the books. The Library is AWESOME.
  • Just because my bookshelves don't have 651641684 books on them, doesn't mean they aren't cool.
  • LASTLY…...HOW MUCH FUN IT IS!!!! Seriously! I am in love! I have had such a wonderful time doing this and looking forward to more! So a HUGE thank you to everyone who has ever read my stuff and to everyone who has commented with me!!-because admittedly getting comments is like...my favorite part!!



4 comments

  1. Haha! I like your confession and I have the same feeling to! (Except...I don't particularly like library...strange...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhmmmyyyyy! *GASP* You don't like the Library?!? Are you "librarying" right??? Thank you for stopping by! I'm learning as I go and loving it!

      Delete
    2. Well...I feel so guilty about not liking library!!! But i do like to touch those old book in the library and taste the atmosphere in library~ i think i just prefer bookstore better!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE reading your blogs Risa! Keep up the great work!

    PS - Libraries ROCK!

    ReplyDelete