I'm sorry for this mess!!! This will (HOPEFULLY) be up and running by the middle of April

Our Unsavory Book Opinions on OTBF!


I’ve seen this tag floating around for awhile now and I LOVE it, so of course we just HAD to do it right?! We always have such NICE things to say, but sometimes we’re that little black sheep in the back going against the masses...and THAT'S OKAY! So today here is our Unpopular Opinions Book Tag! I believe the originator of this tag is Booktuber The Book Archer and her video can be seen here!




Okay I’m gonna go New Adult Romance for this answer and say The Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day. BLEECCH. I tried...I REALLY did. I quit halfway through book 3. It's just NOT FOR ME. i don’t like the characters, i don’t like the writing...the sexytimes scenes are LAUGHABLE...it's just wayyy to much for me to handle. People LOVE this series...but I just CAN'T get into it. Ick.


Honestly? The Fifth Wave. It’s the ONLY book I didn’t finish! I got about half way through before I called it quits. I think it was the style of writing that didn’t quite capture my attention. It flipped through so many characters, and I felt distracted most of the time.



Ooh, this is so difficult, but if I'm being completely honest: The Maze Runner series by James Dashner. I'm usually all for Dystopian books but this one...ugh, I couldn't even get past the first 100 pages! I can't even pinpoint one aspect of the book that I didn't like, because as a whole, it just wasn't for me. The writing, the world, the characters...I couldn't connect to any of it, and as a result, just could not finish the book! I did like the movie, though.



I meannnnn I feel like this is a tricky question…..I could go with easy and say Twilight or Fifty Shades of Grey as they take a lot of hate but let's be honest they also have HUGE fandoms as well…..


I’m going to get a lot of crap for this lol… but I really liked Fifty Shades of Grey!! Though the writing wasn’t that great, I couldn’t put it down. It was actually my first New Adult book too! Needless to say, it opened up a whole new world for me.. and for that, I’ll forever be thankful haha



    A lot of people are going to read this and think I'm nuts, but I LOVED the Shiver trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater. Granted, I read it back in junior high school, but I still have such a special place in my heart for those books. It was one of the first series I ever fell in love with, and I used to wait up at midnight just so I could get the newest book on my Kindle the second it came out. Not to mention, it also helped the post-Twilight hangover...


    Gonna go New Adult on this one too...probably a lesser known series-Here With Me (The Archer Brothers Series) by Heidi McLaughlin….NO SPOILERS but CRAP ON A CRACKER I was SO MAD! With the choice...and I KNEW it was coming...it’s a very Pearl Harbor (the movie) situation….and I normally don’t go against the author's flow with “love triangles” but this just had me sooooo sad. UGH.
    I would also like to make a PREDICTION for this category and say that The Grisha Series by Leigh Bardugo is making me VERY NERVOUS. We’ll see how I feel once I finish the 3rd book...eeekk

    An OTP that just never struck me was #MALEC (Alec and Magnus from The Mortal Instruments)….UNTIL THE SHOW! But in the books I just never had any real investment in it….SORRYYYY! I can hear you all cracking your knuckles in preparation for ANGRY COMMENTING right?


    Oh man… this is tough. Every time I read, I get wrapped up into the characters and usually I like an OTP that’s right in front of me. I guess if I would have to choose… back in the Twilight days, I was always Team Jacob rather than Team Edward lol!!



    MY HEART. Im such a hopeless romantic, and I always fall for the OTP of the story. I guess for this one, I have to choose Celaena and Dorian from Throne of Glass! I just really don't like Dorian for some reason. I can't even pinpoint why, but something about him just irks me. I'm forever Team Captain of the Guard.




    YOUNG ADULT CONTEMPORARY. I just can’t get into it. New Adult Contemporary/Contemporary Romance? LOVE IT!! But YOUNG ADULT? I mean...I just don’t like it. Give me dragons and kingdoms and powers and whatever..but two normal kids in high school...I just don’t care.

    Hmmm… I guess anything that’s historical isn’t really my thing. I also don’t like to read any Non-Fiction books! It’s all about escaping reality, man!


    Western. Nope, I can't do it. Cowboys and the Wild West put me to sleep within seconds. Generally I read everything, but western is one genre I won't touch.




    Tough one….Gale from The Hunger Games...not impressed at all…..Lissa, Rose and Dimitri from The Vampire Academy (sorryyy again!)
    Chaol from Throne of Glass series!!!! There were times I really liked him, and then the bad times won me over. It was really bad in Queen of Shadows too!




    Ooh, this one is tough too. Probably Alina from the Grisha trilogy. She just wasn't a hero that I felt I could ever get behind, or fully back. Except for when she (spoiler alert) made out with the Darkling...probably the only time I ever supported her. ;)




    Kristen Ashley (Author of the Rock Chicks and Dream Man Romance Series)...she is just not for me. I have tried. All my co-workers are obsessed...she's HIGHLY renowned in the romance world and...I just  can’t do it. She is so heavy with the descriptions that I get lost and can’t find the story in between all the details.

    Possibly Christina Lauren? I read her book Beautiful Bastard and I did not fancy it AT ALL. That book alone might keep me from reading her others lol. (Hey guys it's Risa-Carmen broke my heart with this one! Haha!)



    Leigh Bardugo, maybe? Okay don't get me wrong, as a person I LOVE her. She's got such a cute, spunky personality and a wicked sense of style. But I was not crazy about Shadow and Bone, and I've started Six of Crows but I'm not really sold on it. I feel like she's really overhyped...oh man, I'm going to get crap for this one.





    PFFT! So easy….the incredibly gorgeous girl (who of course has no idea how perfect she is) who is usually incredibly good and pure or virginal and snags this BAD BOY. Over it...SO OVER IT. Also...this girl who grew up tough and rough who now discovers she's not just a nobody she's got SOMETHING….it's getting used a lot no? I mean I LIKE IT...but let's mix it up.


    Oh I could go on and on about this! 
    1. INSTALOVE.
    2. The whole “I’m-an-innocent-female-employee-looking-for-a-hot-brooding-businessman-who's-a-sex-God”….. OVER done!
    3. Love Triangles.
    4. The “Perfect” female who everyone loves and thinks she could do no wrong.



    I can't even answer this question without wanting to ram my head into a wall because I AM SO TIRED OF ALL YA STEREOTYPES. But to list a few: insta-love, innocent virgin girl makes big deal out of sex entire book then looses virginity at end of series, love triangles, female protagonists who are perfect and everyone loves them... I could go on and on, but I don't want this to turn into a rant.


    GAME OF THRONES BY GEORGE R.R. MARTIN. I made a promise... so ONE DAY I will have to get past the 3rd chapter but man...I just can’t get into it, i don’t want to get into it. The show is enough for me. The books...ZERO interest. It's looong and slooowwww and there is WAY too many characters to keep track of!

    Ehhhhh… The Maze Runner books? I hate when others opinions keep me from reading a book, but I’ve heard a lot of mixed things about those books. I don’t think I’ll NEVER read them… but I’m definitely holding out for a while!



    I can't think of any series I'd never read, but I'll do one that I won't ever continue, which is the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. I loved Red Queen, but Glass Sword was terrible. I think this series is supposed to be like...5 books? Either way, I won't be continuing. I'll always love RQ, but it's sequels are a no-go for me.




    This one was a little tough for me...Maze Runner! NOW I LIKED the books...but Dylan O’Brien?!? He is a big time crush of mine so….yeah. Movie to book all day. ALSO I’m gonna steal this from Carmen because DUH! I didn’t even think about it but she’s SO RIGHT! The Vampire Diaries TV Series...wayyy better than the books which read very slow and “easy” for me….


    Not too sure about MOVIE adaptations, but I will say that I LOVE The Vampire Diaries TV Show!! I read the first 4 books in the series, and it was a little too much for me.. But I think it was translated well into a show!

    I'm going to get so much hate for this, but The Hunger Games. Don't get me wrong, I loved the books a lot, but for some reason, I got more into the movies. The books made me love the story, but the movies made me fall head first into a stay-up-all-night-crying-over-the-fandom-on-tumblr state




    No comments

    Post a Comment