I'm sorry for this mess!!! This will (HOPEFULLY) be up and running by the middle of April

FEBRUARY RECAP!







Oh man... This month literally FLEW by for me! I feel that by the time I just started reading my TBR pile for the month,  this month was donezo. Which is sad because I had so much planned for myself to read this month!! 

  • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare - Not gonna lie.... I'm currently still reading this book. I'm just about half way finished with it, as it is such a HUUUUUGE book being about 700 total pages! So far, I love it!! I didn't know what to expect because I was so strongly attached to the main characters in The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices.. but I knew this one was gonna be just as great. I already love so many of the characters in this book. Cassandra keeps the humor, and I find myself actually giggling at the book (and getting weird looks in public, might I add)!!! I can't wait for this book to come out and you all can share your thoughts too! 
  • Never Stop Falling by Ashley Drew  - I love love love this book!!!! If you're a fan of Colleen Hoover or Cora Carmack, this book is exactly for you. I love the two characters, Nicholas and Corrine. They're best friends for 18 years, but suddenly the love bug hits the both of them. It's not just your average love story... but it has so much angst too! I found myself wanting to shake Corrine a couple of times and ask her "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!", haha!!! My review of this book will be up on the 1st, so stay tuned!


(TO BE CONTINUED)


This month was just....PACKED! It went by too fast, but I think I fared okay...
  • Wicked Sexy Liar by Christina Lauren- This book was WONDERFUL and so lighthearted and funny. It was an easy to devour little love tale about Luke and Lola full of steam and humor and insecurity that blossoms into full blown sweet sweet luuuuv. A GREAT addition to the Wild Seasons series! Full review can be read here!
  • After Ever Happy (Book 4, After series) by Anna Todd- Oh what a tornado this #HESSA series has been! The back and the forth and the anger and the tears and heartbreak and the giggles and the sexy-times and the…..HARDIN. It is just SO MUCH to take in man. It is anything but the typical hearts and flowers. It’s real. Real love is not always perfect...and even more so when you're young.  Young=Crazy+emotional+irrational+possessive. Is that a good thing? Not always, but it’s an INTENSE thing and I LIKE intense. So for those who like soft edges and light hearted drama, steer clear this is NOT for you. However if you like a little whiplash with a side of angry frustration on top of your steamy reads, by all means crack this baby open! As i said before, I really do LOVE this series, even when I question it...Also, minor grammatical errors throughout which IRKED me...also weird slips like, “it was open on the table” to a few lines later saying “I opened it”....Ummnnnn??? Was it open or did you open it?!?! Me nooooo likey. At one point we are IN Hardin's POV but get one random line of Tessa's POV thrown in.....WHAT?!?!
** I previously read this series on Wattpad and have not finished the published versions, and I am MUCH happier with the ending we got in the published version. Kudos!
  • Reaper’s Stand (Book 4, Reapers MC) by Joanna Wylde- Slow starter for me that kind of had an air of ICK around it...but man did I start singing a different tune pretty quickly. Picnic (yup...that's his name) is president of the MC and the father of EM (book 3)...so it was strange at first but SOOOO GOOD and suspenseful. All works out well in the end though my MC loving NA readers….again 18+!! I WOULD have read the 5th book as well, but I’m waiting for it to come in at the Library. Poomp.
  • King (Book 1) and Tyrant (book 2) by T.M. Frazier- HOLY WOW are these 18+ reads. I should have known better...given that the synopsis has a frickin disclaimer!! I don’t mind dipping my feet into some dark romance every once in awhile...but this was a damn CANNONBALL! Intense and graphic and breathtakingly dark with twists and turns and I could NOT put it down. Definitely not for the faint of heart, or young readers. 18++++++And that’s all I am going to say about that.
  • Shadow and Bone (Book 1, Grisha Series) & Siege & Storm (Book 2, Grisha Series) by Leigh Bardugo-OOOHHHHHMMMYYY. This series is AWESOME so far!! I am way into this Grisha thing and so glad I finally picked it up! My reviews can be found here and here! But seriously...I am Grisha...and Kaz and Inej are like...my best friends...we’re planning a big heist for the Summer...SERIOUSLY.


...This is SO bad.  I've been in the worst reading slump this month, and I can't believe I haven't finished more than one book.  

I guess it was because my past few reads haven't been ones that I enjoyed.  Either that or... I don't even know.  I'm in the middle of two spectacular books right now, but I can't even get myself to read them.  I'm just so unmotivated to read lately...I'm so sorry :( 

Regardless, the only book I read this month was ANYTHING YOU WANT by Geoff Herbach which was..okay.  I gave it 2.5 stars-- I enjoyed the story towards the end, but the beginning was not my taste at all.  I'll be posting a full review soon, but to sum up my thoughts: the writing was incredibly juvenile, but the message was strong.  The most positive attribute of the story was by far the uplifting message and the theme of "finding yourself".  

And hey, it was pretty entertaining and made me laugh...even if the laughter was over how ridiculous certain passages were.  







BUH. Okay... so because I was an absolute horrible person this month... March is going to be SO much better, I just know it!!!  Here are a few books that are on my list! 
  • FINISHING Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (ARC) - Can't stop, won't stop guys. It's gonna happen, LOL!
  • Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye (ARC)- For those of you who are fans of Jane Eyre, brace yourselves! This is a gothic retelling of the classic Jane Eyre, and I'm so excited to read it!! I will also be posting a giveaway for this book sometime this week!
  • Glittering Court by Richelle Mead (ARC) - Ahhhhhhh. If my ARC copy gets here in time, I will be reading this asap! As a huge lover of Richelle's Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series... I absolutely cannot wait to read it! (ALSO, a giveaway will be posted on the first!!!)
  • Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry (ARC) - This book just sounds so great!! And I've heard a lot of great things about it!! 

Okay, I think that about sums up the books I'm going to try to finish by the end of March! I'm going to be moving on the 1st and looking for a new job, so that might stall my reading just a bit. BUUUUT, I'm going to finish this list haha!! It HAS to happen!!

Welp...although I DID read a fair amount this month, I did not conquer all the books I had originally planned on...thus some of them have been pushed to MARCH..however my list has grown quite LONG and unless I quit my job and stay in my pajamas all day I think I’m being a little overly ambitious. Allow me to explain my plans….
  • Rebel in the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton- Desert, magic, mythical beasts? Yea..SOLD
  • Beautiful Boss by Christina Lauren- My Will and Hannah novella is FINALLY HERE! I will eat this book for breakfast!
  • Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard- Because….I waited SO LONG so I need to just quit messing around and get INTO THIS thing...honestly I think picking it up RIGHT after finishing Siege and Storm kind of threw me off a bit....
  • Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo- Because GRISHA. Because I must finish!! Because I love it.
  • Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman- Again because the cover looks AWESOME!-And because I didn’t read it in Feb but still really want to (before my library loan is due!!)
  • The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater- So. I HAD this book from the library. An eBook. I went to START it….it was in Italian?!? REALLY? Why? We don’t have an English eBook either...I LOOKED. So NOW I have the physical copy and it has been bumped to March…..$20 says on the next recap this guy's been “bumped” to April.
  • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare- So this is here. And to be honest it’s more of a formality. I don’t think I AM going to read it...I know WHHHATTT?!? It’s just...I’m a bad little book dragon and I haven’t read CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE!!.......GASP!! I know...it’s crazy right? but whatever...I haven’t and I KNOW this is a different series but my own idiosyncrasies just make me feel weird about starting a new when I haven’t finished the OLD...plus spoilers sweetie!...This is ALL TID fault...I swear.



The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas - I started this book at the beginning of February and I am loving it! Maas is one of my all time favorite authors, and the THRONE OF GLASS series is one of my favorite series.  But this stupid slump is kicking my butt, and I just can't get myself to pick it up.  I hope that March will be the month I finally finish it, but I'm not sure if it will be.  

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare - Yet another book that I started in February and have not finished.  I received an ARC of this book for part of a collaboration I am doing with two other bloggers for The Huffington Post, and I need to finish this book ASAP.  The Shadowhunter world is my favorite literary world outside of the Wizarding World (from Harry Potter), and I have been DYING for this book for ages now.  It is incredible, in normal Cassie Clare style, but again, with this slump, I haven't been motivated to pick it up.  

Will March be the month of my Sophomore Slump, or Comeback of The Year? Who knows.  I hope it will be the latter.  

And yes, that was totally a Fall Out Boy reference.  ;) 




No comments

Post a Comment